Annie Mae Jones' Yeast Rolls Recipe
5 1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 package yeast,dry
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
4 tbsp butter,at room temperature
CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR GLAZE
1 cup confectioners' sugar,sifted
2 tbsp orange juice
1. In a large bowl thoroughly mix 2 cups of the flour, the sugar,
yeast and salt.
2. Combine milk, water, and butter in a saucepan. Place over low heat
and stir until butter is melted. Mixture should be just warm, about
115-120'F. on thermometer.
3. Gradually add milk mixture to dry ingredients and eat for 2
minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl often. Add
eggs and beat well.
4. With a wooden spoon stir in sufficient additional flour (3 to 3-1/2
cups) to make a soft dough. turn out on a lightly floured board and
knead about 10 minutes, or unil satiny and smooth. Form into a ball
and place in a warm bowl that has been generously greased with soft
butter at room temperature. Turn to coat all sides with butter. Cover
and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
5. Punch down and shape into small balls. Place about 1/2" apart on
greased baking sheets and again let stand free from drafts in a warm
place until double in bulk.
6. Bake in preheated 350'F. oven for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly
7. Serve warm.
8. If necessary, undercook rolls just slightly; then reheat just
9. If desired, you may fold in about 1 cup lightly floured raisins to
dough during final kneading. Then frost rolls while warm with
Confectioners' Sugar Glaze.
*** CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR GLAZE ***
Combine sugar with 1 tablespoon orange juice. Add sufficient additioal
orange juice to make a medium-thin glaze. From: Earl Shelsby Date:
to Bread Recipes
Food Tips of the Week
In deciding on a meal plan, it is essential to also make sure you cut down your ingestion of refined carbohydrate, fat and salt.
Some lower carbohydrate diet pointers:
* It is possible to make wonderful smoothies by using reduced carb yogurt.
Ok, well, you can't really call it cooking, but if you really love smoothies you can throw them together with low carb yogurt and fruit. Of course, you should ensure you use fruit that is low in carbohydrates and use the whole fruit as the fiber will help.
The brassica family, Wonder foods that also help your Your diet
(examples: Kohlrabi, Brussels sprouts, Mizuna and Daikon)
Vegetablesi in the brassica family have large amounts of vitamins (eg.folate), minerals (eg. potassium), fibre, chlorophyll, antioxidents, indole-3-carbinol and isothiocyanates..
In addition to their numerous other health and weight loss benefits, a few of these nutrients are thought by experts to reduce the risk of cancer.
Annie Mae Jones' Yeast Rolls Recipe from the Recipes-4U Cookbook
You can now stop spending your hard earned cash on dear recipe publications or pricey meals in over-priced eating establishments, all you have to do is locate & print the recipe that you have chosen and start cooking a good meal to amaze your family in the comfort of your own home